Mission: To ensure fair and just opportunity for everyone in Caledonia and southern Essex Counties to be healthy and prosperous.
Vision: Our population will be Well-Housed, Well-Nourished, Physically Healthy, Mentally Healthy, Financially Secure.
Values: As we work together, we:
Encourage “outside the box” thinking with respect for all opinions by promoting an open and trusting environment that welcomes discussion and debate.
Share our collective resources, data, staff, and efforts to the maximum extent possible as a means of expanding our capacity, while maintaining our individual organizations’ viability.
Engage community members in our collective efforts, giving them equal status and shared responsibility in determining what and how services and programs are provided. We believe in having community voice front and center.
NEK Prosper! operates under the framework of an accountable health community, employs the principles of collective impact, and uses Results Based Accountability™ to measure our progress.
What is an accountable health community?
An accountable health community is an aspirational model accountable for the health and well-being of the entire population in its defined geographic area and not limited to a defined group of patients. We understand that health outcomes are the product of multiple contributors of health:
- medical care
- public health
- social factors
- economic circumstances
- environmental factors
Ecosystem of Partnerships
Our members include family, friends and neighbors, partners from the Hub, school districts, youth services, economic development and regional planning agencies, banks/financial organizations, arts and the creative economy, NEK Collaborative, USDA, NAMI VT, town government leaders, community restorative justice, OneCare VT and other individuals and agencies.
As a Collective Impact initiative, Northern Counties Health Care acts as our backbone organization, with the following leaders stewarding the work:
- Green Mountain United Way – Tawnya Kristen, Executive Director
- Northeast Kingdom Community Action – Jenna O’Farrell, Executive Director
- Northeast Kingdom Council on Aging – Meg Burmeister, Executive Director
- Northeast Kingdom Human Services – Kelsey Stavseth, Executive Director
- Northeastern VT Regional Hospital – Shawn Tester, CEO
- Northern Counties Health Care – Michael Costa, CEO
- Rural Community Transportation – Fred Saar, Executive Director
- RuralEdge – Patrick Shattuck, Executive Director
- Umbrella, Inc. – Amanda Cochrane, Executive Director
- Vermont Agency of Human Services – Suzanne Legare-Belcher, Field Services Director for Newport and St. Johnsbury
- Vermont Department of Health Office of Local Health – Heather Lindstrom, District Director
- Vermont Foodbank – John Sayles, CEO
Kari White (she/her), Northern Counties Health Care’s Director of Community Health Equity supports the work of NEK Prosper! E-mail her at email@example.com or give her a call: 802.748.9405 x1517
We welcome and want your voice. Get involved.