NEK Prosper! envisions a community where everyone is Financially Secure, Mentally Healthy, Physically Healthy, Well Housed & Well Nourished
We know that due to stigma, marginalization and systemic inequalities, not everyone in Caledonia and Southern Essex Counties (including our LGBTQ+ family, friends and neighbors) has fair and just opportunity to prosper.
We can make a difference together.
- You can support the Northeast Kingdom Rainbow Coalition by using the buttons above.
- You can learn more about LGBTQ+ health disparities and find resources here.
- You can help our Collaborative Action Networks make positive change in the NEK by clicking on the images below.
Opportunities and Calendar
- Parenting Classes including 24/7 Dad at NEKCA – To sign up or find out more information contact Wes Robertson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- MONDAYS at 6:00pm – St. Johnsbury Walk & Talk – Meet at Four Seasons Park
- MONDAYS at 11:00am and WEDNESDAYS at 8:00am – Walking for Wellness – Concord Health Center (201 East Main Street)
- FRIDAYS at 10:30am – Walk This Way! – St. Johnsbury Community Health Center (185 Sherman Drive)
- June 6th – Vermont Judiciary Commission on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Community Forum from 4:00 – 5:00pm at Essex County Courthouse in Guildhall (get directions) and via Webex (Password: Easy1234)
- June 22nd – REGISTER HERE for Building Communities that Thrive Through Connection Conference – Youth Mattering, Community Resilience, and Positive Childhood Experience (PCEs) Research at Burke Mountain Resort – FREE
- June 25th – First ever NEK Rainbow Coalition 2023 PRIDE FEST from noon-7:00pm in Newport – SIGN UP TO PARTICIPATE/MARCH HERE (looking for marchers with vehicle or on foot) AND DONATE (via GoFundMe (not tax deductible) or check (tax deductible))
Want to be inspired by local, community driven solutions that center the voice of those who have been marginalized and oppressed, support health and wellbeing, and grow a culture of accountability, belonging and hope? Click here.
NEK Prosper! welcomes all voices to join, inform and shape our work. Click here to explore ways to share your wisdom, gifts and talents in service of our shared vision.
NEK Prosper! recognizes and acknowledges the Nulhegan Band of the Coosuk Abenaki Nation as the traditional stewards of this land we occupy. We acknowledge, appreciate and honor the indigenous people who have been living on, working on and caring for the land from time immemorial.
We recognize that colonialism, racism and the oppression of Native peoples is an ongoing process. We commit to building our awareness of our present participation.