NEK Community Health Equity
“Health Equity exists when all people have a fair and just opportunity to be healthy – especially those who have experienced socioeconomic disadvantage, historical injustice, and other avoidable systemic inequalities that are often associated with social categories of race, gender, ethnicity, social position, sexual orientation and disability.”
Vermont Department of Health (VDH) District Offices: St. Johnsbury and Newport
District Director Leads: Heather Lindstrom (St. Johnsbury) and Justin “Tin” Barton-Caplin (Newport)
Designated Regional Community Groups: NEK Prosper! (St. Johnsbury) and Vibrant ONE (Newport)
Regional Backbone Organization: Northern Counties Health Care, Inc.
Integrator: Kari White, Director of Community Health Equity
Take the Community Health Equity Self-Assessment
Those in Caledonia and Southern Essex or affiliated with NEK Prosper!, please fill out this survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZY7QSKG
Those in Orleans and Northern Essex or affiliated with Vibrant ONE, please fill out this survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/M9ZJL9K
Click Here for Information about Targeted Grants
More Equity Resources
During the first forty-five days of this Agreement, Sub Recipient will work with the Vermont Department of Health’s District’s community collaborative to assist the collaborative in:
- Developing a draft “Data Driven Problem Statement” which the community intends to use to guide its work in addressing health inequities.
- Developing policies and procedures for providing grants to the communities with the intent of accomplishing its work to address health inequities.
- $150,000 in grant dollars per Health Service Area
- In collaboration with VDH, VtPHI and Backbone Staff, NEK Prosper! and Vibrant ONE, separately, will each develop guidelines for grant funds distribution.
- The fiscal agent for this piece of the work will be NCHC.