- Jun. 29, 2020 to May. 17, 2021 on Mondays 05:30 pm – 06:30 pm REGISTER
FREE Diabetes Prevention Workshop
September 3 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Thursday, repeating until May 21, 2021
If your doctor has told you you’re at risk of diabetes—or if you have certain risk factors like high blood pressure or being overweight—you’re not alone.
About 1 in every 3 American adults have high blood pressure. More than 2 in 3 are considered overweight or obese. And more than 1 in 3 have a condition called prediabetes. This means their blood sugar levels are too high, but not yet high enough for a diagnosis of type 2 diabetes.
But knowing you’re at risk is good. It gives you a chance to take control of your health and take steps to help prevent diabetes and other serious health problems. There’s a lot you can do to lower your risk. And we can help.
HOW WE’LL HELP YOU
The Diabetes Prevention Workshop (also known as Prevent T2) is a proven program to help you make small lifestyle changes. You can cut your risk of type 2 diabetes by more than half. It is part of the National Diabetes Prevention Program, led by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
This workshop lasts for one year. There are 16 weekly core sessions, plus monthly maintenance sessions. Each session is 1 hour long.
Your trained lifestyle coach and fellow participants will guide and support you to:
- Solve problems and create plans for action and change
- Make healthier eating choices
- Get more physical activity into your daily life
- Reduce stress and stay motivated
- Understand and respond to your food cues
- Stay on track when eating out
- Be an active partner in working with you to better your health
Our workshops are free of cost for all participants. That’s because we’re committed to making sure all Vermonters have access to expert advice and proven strategies to take control of their health.
THIS WORKSHOP MAY BE RIGHT FOR YOU
- Have been diagnosed with prediabetes
- Score 5 or higher on the Prediabetes Screening Test
- Are overweight or obese
- Don’t get enough exercise
- Have high blood pressure or abnormal cholesterol
- Have a parent or sibling who has diabetes
- Support a friend or loved one who needs help with these issues
Online Prevent T2 – Diabetes Prevention @ Hosted by Central Vermont Medical Center, Available Statewide
- Jul. 7, 2020 to Apr. 6, 2021 on Tuesdays 07:00 pm – 08:00 pm REGISTER
Online Prevent T2 – Diabetes Prevention @ Hosted by Northwestern Counseling and Support Services, Available Statewide
- Jul. 14, 2020 to Jul. 6, 2021 on Tuesdays 02:00 pm – 03:00 pm REGISTER
- Jul. 16, 2020 to May. 20, 2021 on Thursdays 09:00 am – 10:00 am REGISTER
- Aug. 12, 2020 to Jul. 7, 2021 on Wednesdays 10:00 am – 11:00 am REGISTER