- This event has passed.
Danville Older Driver Safety Presentation
July 14 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pmDonation requested
Most older drivers are very safe drivers.
But the fact is, as all of us age, we may experience changes to our vision, physical fitness, health, medications, and reflexes — changes that can affect our ability to drive safely. The risk of being injured or killed in a crash also increases as we age.
You might not have concerns about your driving abilities now, but you could in the future. To prepare for potential mobility changes, there are actions you can take now to keep yourself and others safe on the road.
In this presentation, you will learn:
- How to stay safe behind the wheel;
- Health or mobility issues to watch for;
- When it might be time to get more driving support or give up the keys;
- Resources available to keep you safe, mobile, and independent.
- Tiffany Smith, Program Administrator, Vermont Department of Disabilities, Aging, and Independent Living
- Allie Breyer, Information Director, Vermont Department of Health
- Sarah Benis, MS OTR/L, CDRS, CDI, UVM Medical Center
- Doug Masson, State Coordinator – Driver Safety, AARP Vermont
Presentation held at the Danville Meal Site
89 Park Street, Danville, VT 05828
Call 802-684-3389 to reserve your seat for the presentation & for lunch at 11:30!
Over 60 donation: $4, under 60 donation: $5
People can reach out to me with questions: Alexandra.email@example.com